- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 382.2
- Total Fat: 13.9 g
- Cholesterol: 7.8 mg
- Sodium: 329.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 3.0 g
Dutch Apple Pudding Cake in a Slow CookerSubmitted by: CHUCKLES0719
IntroductionThis is a delicious take on an easy cake. The convenience of the slow cooker makes these luscious cake recipe perfect for potlucks, parties, or any occasion. This is a delicious take on an easy cake. The convenience of the slow cooker makes these luscious cake recipe perfect for potlucks, parties, or any occasion.
1 (20 - 21 ounce) can apple pie filling
½ Cup dried cranberries, cherries, or raisins
1 (18.25 oz.) box of yellow cake mix with pudding in the mix (I used Baker's Corner)
¾ Cup coconut milk
2 Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
½ Cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
1-¼ Cup apple juice
1/3 Heaping Cup Natural Cane Turbinado Sugar
1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
¼ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
This is a compilation of various recipes. AND it is NOT low calorie but it is fairly low sodium.
2. In a small saucepan, bring apple pie filling to boiling. Stir in dried fruit. Transfer apple mixture to prepared cooker.
3. In a medium bowl, place cake mix. Add milk and melted butter; stir just until combined. Stir in the ½ cup nuts. Pour and evenly spread batter over apple mixture in cooker, spreading evenly.
4. In the same small saucepan, combine apple juice, brown sugar, and the 1-tablespoon butter. Bring to boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Carefully pour apple juice mixture over mixture in cooker.
5. Cover and cook on LOW-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours. After 4 hours check with a wooden toothpick inserted near center of cake that comes out clean.
6. If desired, remove crockery liner from cooker and place in a large serving bowl OR just turn off cooker. Cool, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
7. To serve, spoon the warm cake and its sauce into dessert dishes. If desired, top each serving with Redi-Whip and additional walnuts.
Serving Size: Makes 12 generous servings