Basic GravySubmitted by: THESLIMMERME1
IntroductionUsing juices of 'roasted meat' - beef, pork, chicken, turkey
Using juices of 'roasted meat' - beef, pork, chicken, turkey
3 Tbsp flour / white / whole wheat
3 Tbsp - meat juices (note calories based on 3 TBSP butter)
2 C low sodium beef broth
Water / vegetable water to thin
Seasonings to taste
- pepper, garlic clove, bayleaf, worstshire sauce
- for poultry - use 'sage, or poultry seasoning'
Total calories = 406 / 2 CUP or 32 Table spoons
1 Tablespoon = 13 calories
- shake until all flour is absorbed
- pour into roasting pan with meat juices, remaining broth and seasoning to taste.
- mix well bring to boil
- let simmer for 5 - 15 minutes, stiring and adding more broth or vegetable water to maintain 'light sauce' consistency.
Serving Size: 32 TBSP / 2 Cup / 1 serving = 2 TBSP
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user THESLIMMERME1.