Spinach Veggie LasagnaSubmitted by: SHELL_G
1 16 oz. package lasagna noodles
2 cups fresh spinach
1 onion, chopped
3 TBSP olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1 cup ricotta cheese
3/4 cup low fat cheese, grated
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
2 zucchini, sliced
1/2 tsp. thyme
2. Prepare lasagna noodles.
3. Saute onion and garlic over medium heat in 1-1/2 TBSP olive. oil
4. Add zucchini and saute until slightly cooked (about 5 minutes).
5. Add the spinach and saute with the onion mixture until slightly wilted - 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Set aside 1/4 cup of the veggie mix.
7. In a bowl, mix the ricotta, 1/4 cup water and the egg. Add the remaining veggie mix, diced tomatoes and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
8. Oil a 9x13 baking dish with 1-1/2 TBSP olive oil.
9. Spread the 1/4 cup of the veggie mix over the bottom of the pan and cover with a layer of the pasta.
10. Scatter a layer of the shredded cheese over the noodles, then add 1/4 of the veggie mix and top with a layer of noodles.
11. Repeat for 3 more layers, ending with a layer of the veggies and a little shredded cheese.
12. Cover with foil and back for 20 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Remove foil and bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes to brown the top.
Serving Size: 16
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SHELL_G.