best ever focacciaSubmitted by: DEMELZAPOLDARK
IntroductionThis is my take on a version of bread served at a couple of local restaurants. It is not a thin chewy focaccia, but a light fluffy one. This is my take on a version of bread served at a couple of local restaurants. It is not a thin chewy focaccia, but a light fluffy one.
o 1 1/2 cups warm water
o 2 teaspoons instant yeast
o 2 teaspoons sugar
o 2 tablespoons olive oil
o 1/4 teaspoon salt
o 3 1/2 cups flour
o 2 teaspoons baking powder
o 1 teaspoon olive oil
o dried thyme
o dried oregano
o dried basil
o coarse salt
1 T grated parmesan cheese
If sprinkling coarse sea salt on bread, do not put it on until just before baking.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Beat for 2 minutes, dough will form a ball.
3. Place dough on a floured surface, dust top with flour (the dough will be very soft & sticky, the dusting of flour will help you handle it).
4. Pat & stretch dough into 8" square.
5. Place in parchment lined 9 x 9 baking dish.
6. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle desired herbs on dough.
7. Cover with plastic wrap & let rise for 1 hour.
8. Bake at 400° for about 25 minutes.
9. Remove from pan & cool on wire rack.
10. Serve warm or at room temperature with oil & vinegar to dip.
Serving Size: 16 2 inch squares
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DEMELZAPOLDARK.