- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 139.7
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 6.7 mg
- Sodium: 383.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
Kelly's Rustic Cheese SconesSubmitted by: KELLY_NZ
1 cup Wholemeal flour
1 cup Plain white flour
2 tsps baking soda or powder
1 pinch salt
1 tsp sugar
1-2 tsps cayenne pepper (optional)
2 cups Edam or other low-fat cheese, grated
1 cup milk
2. Sift together all dry ingredients.
3. Add in cheese and stir together with a knife.
4. Add in milk and again stir together with the knife.
5. Roll out on clean floured board. Use cookie cutter or cut into 10 pieces. Sprinkle a little grated cheese on top of each.
6. Bake in hot oven for around 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Serve and enjoy
Serving Size: Makes 10 good sized scones
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KELLY_NZ.