Chicken and RiceSubmitted by: HUFFHEINZ
IntroductionThis is a good one pan recipe for chicken and rice that is really delicious. Starting with bone-in skin-on chicken breast and then discarding the bone and skin later gives the rice good flavor and ensures that the chicken breast stays moist. This is a good one pan recipe for chicken and rice that is really delicious. Starting with bone-in skin-on chicken breast and then discarding the bone and skin later gives the rice good flavor and ensures that the chicken breast stays moist.
2 chicken breasts, bone-in/skin-on
2tbsp peanut oil
1 small yellow onion, chopped
4 small carrots, chopped (about 1.5 cups)
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup medium grain white rice
2 cups chicken broth (hot)
2 cups broccoli, chopped
3 tbsp parsley, chopped
2tbsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat a 12" oven-safe skillet with tight-fitting lid over med-high heat.
- Pat chicken breasts dry and rub with oil salt and pepper. When pan is hot, add peanut oil and brown chicken (about 5 minutes per side).
- While chicken is browning, chop onion, carrot, broccoli and garlic.
- Set chicken aside after browning, lower heat in pan to medium and add onion and carrot. Sautee until onions soften (about 5 minutes) then add garlic and rice and sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Turn heat to high, add chicken broth and stir to combine and bring to a high simmer. Nestle chicken breasts in the middle (skin side up), cover and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Add more water if the rice has absorbed it all and stir in. Put broccoli on top, cover and put back in oven until chicken breast reads 165*F (about another 15 minutes).
- When chicken is finished, remove to carving board and let rest for 5 minutes, then remove bone and skin and slice.
- Finish the rice with parsley and lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 4
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HUFFHEINZ.