Agata's Easy Tomato SoupSubmitted by: AGATKAAA17
IntroductionLow carb delicious tomato soup! Low carb delicious tomato soup!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp butter
- one medium onion ( chopped)
- one medium celery stalk ( chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves ( chopped)
- 1/4 yellow pepper ( chopped)
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 can ( 28 oz) low sodium tomatoes
- 1tsp tomato paste
- 1- 1.5 low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp rosemary
- pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 1 cup half and half
2. Add onions and sautee until golden.
3. Add celery, garlic, and yellow pepper and sautee 2 more minutes.
4. Add cornstarch and mix.
5. Add chicken stock, tomato paste, and canned tomatoes.
6. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne, and rosemary.
7. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Let cool ( I added an ice cube to speed it up) and add to blender ( i did in 2 batches) and blend until smooth.
9. Return to sauce pan and heat through.
10. Stir in the half and half. DO NOT BOIL.
Serving Size: makes about 5-6 1 cup servings
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AGATKAAA17.