Asian Noodle BowlSubmitted by: MILLIEBEAN
• 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into ¼-inch strips
• 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
• 1 clove garlic, diced
• 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
• 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 package / 8 oz dry soba noodles or Asian noodles
• ½ cup frozen peas
• 2 cups broccoli spears
• ¼ cup thinly sliced sweet red pepper
• 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
• 1 onion, cut into quarters
• 4 baby bok choy
• ¼ cup / 60 ml unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
Add broth and bring to a gentle boil. Continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink – at least 10 minutes.
Add noodles, peas, broccoli and red pepper. Cook until broccoli turns bright green and is tender-crisp. Reduce heat and let sit, covered.
Stir in carrot and green onion.
When ready to serve, divide spinach leaves among four bowls at the bottom of each bowl. Ladle soup into each bowl, making sure to divide ingredients as evenly as possible. Garnish with peanuts (if using).
Serving Size: makes 4 large servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MILLIEBEAN.