This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionThis baked fruit is oozing with juices and topped with crunchy oats This baked fruit is oozing with juices and topped with crunchy oats
- 3 large apples, unpeeled, cored, and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
2. In the same bowl, combine the remaining flour, oats, and nuts. Stir in the melted butter or margarine, and mix the ingredients well (it should be crumbly). Sprinkle the oat mixture over the fruit mixture.
3. Bake the crisp in a preheated 375º F oven for 40 minutes or until the crisp is lightly browned. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County