Savory Roasted SeitanSubmitted by: JENKNITS
IntroductionA delicious and easy vegan recipe! A delicious and easy vegan recipe!
1 package chicken style Seitan, drained but save liquid
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons liquid from Seitan (discard remaining liquid)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon ground sage
1 teaspoon poultry seasonings (don't worry, it is vegan)
3 cups or 1 - 10 oz package fresh spinach (or other greens of choosing), chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
You can substitute other greens for the spinach -- such as Swiss chard, mustard greens, kale, etc -- or leave the greens out all together. It tastes great with vegan mushroom gravy as well!
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Cut the Seitan into bite side pieces and place in a small roasting pan or casserole dish.
3. Add garlic, liquid from Seitan package, parsley, sage, poultry seasoning, and salt & pepper to taste to Seitan. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
4. Cover with foil, or lid, and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Add spinach (or other greens of choosing), stir well so ingredients well combined.
6. Replace foil covering or lid and bake for 15 more minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Remove from oven and serve.
Serving Size: 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENKNITS.