Corn Puffs Caramel CornSubmitted by: WALLAHALLA
1 (8 ounce) bag corn puffs
6 tablespoons butter (no substitutions)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
2. Cook together butter, brown sugar, corn syrup for two minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add baking soda to the mix.
4. This will cause the mixture to foam so make sure you use a 2 quart saucepan.
5. Pour caramel mixture over corn puffs and stir until mixed.
6. Place in a 250 degree oven for 45 minutes.
7. Stir at least every 10-15 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and pour on wax paper and break apart.
Serving Size: 18 1-cup servings
Number of Servings: 18
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WALLAHALLA.