Asian Broccoli Stir FrySubmitted by: DFLY3770
1 bunch broccoli - cut into florets, stem peeled and chopped, 2 cloves garlic, minced, grated, or pressed, 2 Tsp grated fresh ginger, 2 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp dry sherry, 2 Tsp sesame oil, 1 Tsp equivalent artificial sweetener, 3 Tbsp toasted slivered almonds
I used a bit of sesame oil to toast the almonds in the skillet. Cook on a low heat as they toast rather quickly. This smells & taste exactly like chinese take out! Awesome!
I suggest only 1 tablespoon of soy sauce as I found it to be very salty.
This tastes great paired with un-breaded chicken tenders.
2) While that is happening, if the almonds aren't toasted, you can do that in the skillet you're going to use for the broccoli - either in a dry pan or a small amount of oil.
3) Combine soy sauce, sesame oil, sherry, and sweetener.
4) Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet
5) Stir-fry the broccoli in hot oil for 1-2 minutes, until almost tender. Push to the edges of the pan.
6) Put ginger and garlic in the center of the pan (add a little more oil if need be), and saute 30-60 seconds, until fragrant
7) Put sauce in the pan, and toss all ingredients together. Top with almonds.