Cabbage Potato LatkesSubmitted by: KARENSUEBURTON
1 medium-sized head cabbage
2 medium-sized potatoes
1/2 t. Salt
1/2 t. Chili powder
1/4 c. Oatmeal
2 T coconut oil
Instead of making these into latkes, you can spread the mixture into the bottom of a pie plate and bake at 350 20-30 minutes. Can also top with cheese and/or crumbled, cooked sausage or hamburger before baking for a more "meaty" main dish.
2. Beat 4 eggs in a small bowl with salt and chili powder.
3. Grind oatmeal into flour-like substance in blender or coffee grinder, and add to egg mixture. Stir to blend.
4. Add egg mixture to shredded veggies and stir to blend.
5. Heat 1 T. Coconut oil in skillet and heat over medium heat.
6. Drop mixture onto griddle and spread out into small pancake-shaped latkes.
7. Flip to cook other side, after 2-3 minutes. Continue to cook until brown on both sides.
8. Keep latkes warm in the oven while you repeat steps 6 & 7 with remainding mixture.
Serving Size: 4 dinner sized portions
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KARENSUEBURTON.