- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 271.8
- Total Fat: 5.8 g
- Cholesterol: 188.1 mg
- Sodium: 387.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.3 g
- Protein: 15.5 g
Crockpot Apple French ToastSubmitted by: AMANDA102013
IntroductionThis is a recipe inspired by one I found on pinterest. I wanted to try it using lower calorie bread, fewer whole eggs, and wanted to add the apples and cane sugar This is a recipe inspired by one I found on pinterest. I wanted to try it using lower calorie bread, fewer whole eggs, and wanted to add the apples and cane sugar
10 Slices (1/2 loaf) Healthy Living Whole Wheat Bread
4 Large Eggs
2 Large Egg whites
1 Cup Milk
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1 Tbs Organic Cane Sugar
2 Red Delicious Apples (Peeled and Chopped)
Serve with warm syrup, fruit topping, or whatever your heart desires.
2. Halve each slice of bread.
3. Mix Eggs, Egg Whites, and Milk
4. Dip each piece of bread in egg mixture, and place in the crock pot making one layer at a time.
5. After each layer, sprinkle some of cane sugar, cinnamon, and apples. Use these ingredients to your own preference. I used a total of 2 apples, a tbs of cane sugar, and a tablespoon of cinnamon.
6. After all layers are complete, sprinkle again with cinnamon and can sugar.
7. Set cooker to low setting. Allow to cook for about 6 to 7 hours (overnight), but take care to know whether or not your cooker needs more or less time.
9. For last 15 minutes of cooking, remove lid, allowing outsides to toast.
Serving Size: Makes About 4 Servings