- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 297.9
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 91.5 mg
- Sodium: 675.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 37.1 g
Cajun Spiced Chicken with potato wedges and chive dipSubmitted by: JENNIAUN
IntroductionThis is a real Cajun treat but surprisingly low in fat, so you can enjoy a few potato wedges alongside.
Taken and modified to my desires from Hairy Bikers! This is a real Cajun treat but surprisingly low in fat, so you can enjoy a few potato wedges alongside.
Taken and modified to my desires from Hairy Bikers!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2t sunflower oil for greasing
lime wedges to serve
Cajun spice mix:
5 tsp ground cumin
4 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp flaked sea salt or kosher salt
3 medium potatoes (475g)
1 tsp sunflower oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp flaked sea salt or kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
100g low fat natural yogurt, plain
2 T finely chopped chives
You can use low fat greek yogurt instead of regular yogurt for a thicker dip.
Serve with a nice large mixed greens salad with your favourite dressing (low cal)
Try sweet potatoes with this recipe instead of regular potatoes for a nice change and boost!
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 8-10 wedges, depending on how big they are, and put them in a bowl. Add the oil and toss lightly to coat all the wedges. Sprinkle with the paprika, salt and lots of fresh ground pepper, then scatter them on a baking tray. Cook in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, until tender and lightly browned.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of cling film and beat with a rolling pin until the meat is about 1.5 cm thick. You need to make the chicken breasts all the same thickness so they cook evenly.
4. Brush a griddle pan or non-stick frying pan with a little oil and place over a medium-high heat until hot. Sprinkle 1 tsp of spice mixture over each chicken breast to dust it lightly
5. Griddle or pan-fry the chicken breasts for 2 minutes, then turn them over with tongs and cook on the other side for a further 2 minutes. Finish by cooking the chicken for one more minutes on each side or until cooked through. There should be no pink remaining. Put the chicken breasts on a plate and leave them to rest about 5 minutes.
6. To make the chive dip, mix the yogurt and chives together. Spoon into small pots and put 1 on each plate. Divide the wedges between the plates, and add the cooked chicken breasts. Serve with lime wedges for squeezing over the chicken and a large mixed salad!
Serving Size: 4 chicken breasts, 4 servings of poatoes
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNIAUN.