- Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 85.2
- Total Fat: 1.0 g
- Cholesterol: 20.2 mg
- Sodium: 262.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 9.3 g
MAKEOVER: Rockport Fish Chowder Gluten Free (by H20-LADY)Submitted by: H20-LADY
View the original recipe for Rockport Fish Chowder RECIPE
IntroductionLow fat evaporated milk, seafood broth and clam juice are the secrets to the lower fat and saturated fat content of this satisfying supper soup. Low fat evaporated milk, seafood broth and clam juice are the secrets to the lower fat and saturated fat content of this satisfying supper soup.
Clam juice 2 cups
Kitchen Basics Seafood Cooking Stock, 4 cup (remove)
Olive Oil, 1 tbsp (remove)
Onions, raw, 2 cup, chopped (remove)
Carrots, raw, 1 cup, chopped (remove)
Celery, raw, 1.5 cup, diced (remove)
Haddock (fish), 16 oz (remove)
Snows Chopped clams, 6.5 oz with juice
1 bay leaf
1 lb. fresh or frozen (thawed) cod or haddock fillets, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
3 cups 1% milk
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp of Thyme
pepper to taste. use peppercorns and grind
You can use any white fish cod, haddock, You can add shrimp and or canned clams to the as well.
I only added the milk because my husband likes it.
I prefer a clear broth.
2. Add carrots, 2 cups of potatoes, thyme, paprika, seafood broth and 1 cup clam broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes.
3) Take Bay leaf out and using an immersion blender blend the mixture. This will thicken the mixture.
A COURSE BLEND.Do not blend till smooth
4) replace Bay leaf, add last cup of diced potatoes and broth, simmer on low for 15 minutes.
5) Add fish and simmer an additional 15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily and is opaque.
5) Break fish into chunks. Remove bay leaves Add the evaporated milk heat thoroughly.
Taste the broth and adjust your seasoning.
Serve hot, sprinkled with chopped parsley.
Yield: 20 servings--Serving Size: 1 cup each