Dark Chocolate MousseSubmitted by: SUPREMACY
IntroductionYummy and fairly guilt-free dessert. Top with Cool Whip Lite if desired (not figured into nutrition information). Yummy and fairly guilt-free dessert. Top with Cool Whip Lite if desired (not figured into nutrition information).
1/2 cup Confectioner's Sugar
1/2 cup Cocoa
1 cup 2% Milk
5 Egg Whites
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/3 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2) Melt chocolate chips into mixture.
3) Turn down temperature to simmer.
4) Beat egg whites to a soft peak.
5) Add sugar to egg whites.
6) Beat to a stiff peak.
7) Fold vanilla and 1/2 cup of chocolate mixture into the egg whites.
8) Bring water in double boiler back to a boil.
9) Add egg white mixture to heated chocolate.
10) Wisk for 1 minute or use mixer until well-combined.
11) Cover and reduce to low boil and continue to cook for another 25-30 minutes, or until set and puffy.
12) Let cool and serve.
Serving Size: 6 bowls' worth.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SUPREMACY.