- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 136.9
- Total Fat: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 149.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.6 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
Spicy Black-Eyed Peas and Kale SoupSubmitted by: CASADYLIAN
IntroductionModified from: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2
black-eyed-pea-soup.html Modified from: http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2
1 TB Olive Oil
One bag Kroger cajun mirepoix vegetable mix (frozen)
3-4 cloves minced garlic
6-7 cups water
2 cups dried black-eyed peas
2 cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
2 TB tomato paste
1 pound chopped kale (I used 1/2 bag of Morning Glory chopped kale)
1/2 tsp thyme
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
2. Add mirepoix vegetables and cook over med-high heat approximately 4 minutes.
3. Add garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
4. Add water and black-eyed peas.
5. Reduce heat. Cover and cook 45-50 minutes on med-low heat until the peas are tender.
6. Add remaining ingredients. Stir well. Cook approximately 20 more minutes to allow flavors to meld.
Serving Size: makes 6 large servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CASADYLIAN.