- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 134.0
- Total Fat: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 103.2 mg
- Sodium: 1,456.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
Chicken Corn Egg Drop SoupSubmitted by: DLISHUZ
IntroductionYummy egg drop soup with corn and chicken Yummy egg drop soup with corn and chicken
8-10 cups water
2 chicken breasts (or more depending on how much you want)
1 Small bag of frozen sweet corn (around 2 cups)
4 Eggs beaten
3 tbsp cornstarch and 2 tbsp water dissolved
Salt and pepper to taste
1. You can add greens if you like to this dish. Spinach, Napa cabbage or bokchoy are always nice additions.
Measurements might be a little off as I threw this together without the help of chicken stock. Just adjust as you see fit.
2. Cut chicken breasts into .5 inch strips
3. When water is boiling, add chicken
4. When chicken is no longer pink, skim the top of the water and remove the chicken goop that floats. Lower heat down to medium
5. Add frozen corn and allow it to warm up
6. Mix cornstarch and water together.
7. While stirring the pot, add cornstarch and continue to stir until soup begins to thicken.
8. Once soup is at consistency of your liking, continue to stir soup and add beaten eggs slowly.
9. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
Serving Size: Good 10 servings
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DLISHUZ.