Vegetable PilauSubmitted by: MOMMYONTHEGO
IntroductionA light and tasty dinner option. A light and tasty dinner option.
* 1 Cup Basmati Rice
* 2 Tbsp Sunflower Oil
* 1/2 Tsp cumin seeds
* 8 Cardamom Pods
* 8 Cloves
* 2 Bay Leaves
* 1 Medium Carrot small dice
* 1/3 cup Frozen Peas thawed
* 1/3 cup Frozen Yellow Sweet Corn, thawed
* 1 cup Onions small dice
* 1/4 cup Cashew Nuts
* 2 Cups water
* 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
* Salt to taste
1. Wash rice in several changes of cold water and then soak in cold water for approx. 30 min.
2. Heat oil in large frying pan over med. heat. Fry cumin seeds for approx. 2 min. Add Cardamom pods, cloves and bay leaves and fry for another 2 min.
3. Add Onion and fry for 5 min. or until light brown.
4. Add Carrot and fry for 5 min.
6. Drain and add rice, as well as peas, corn, and cashews and fry for 5 min.
7. Pour in 2 cups of water and stir in ground cumin and salt. Bring to boil, simmer over low heat for 15 min. or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat and keep covered for another 10 min.
8. The whole spices should be on top of the dish and easy to remove. Stir, scoop and serve :)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOMMYONTHEGO.