- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 214.0
- Total Fat: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 16.5 mg
- Sodium: 303.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 11.2 g
Leftover Turkey Stew with DumplingsSubmitted by: JENNIFER3310
IntroductionGreat quick meal idea for leftover Turkey Great quick meal idea for leftover Turkey
10 oz leftover turkey, cut into bite size pieces
1 beef bullion cube
1 small can Campbell chicken broth
2 C carrots, sliced
0.5 C green beans
1 can chickpeas
1 can diced tomatoes
1 large potato
For the Dumplings:
1.5 C of white flour
3 tbsp of Crisco shortening
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1 C skim Milk
2. Peel and cut up the carrots, and potato
3. Open the cans of green beans, chickpeas, tomatoes, chicken broth.
4. Dissolve beef bullion cube in 2 cups of hot water.
5. Place all ingredients into a large pot and let boil for 10 min, so potatoes will start to get soft.
6. Turn down heat and let simmer for another 30 - 45 min.
1. Place 1.5 C of flour in a bowl, with 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
2. Cut in 3 tbsp of shortening, until crumbly.
3. Add 1 C of milk and mix together.
(Before dropping dumplings into stew make sure to add some more water, as the dumplings will eat up a lot of the liquid in the stew.)
4. Drop on top of stew in spoonfuls, turn up heat until stew is boiling again, let dumplings cook for 10 - 15 min. If stew starts to burn, turn down heat just a little bit until dumplings are cooked. They should be light and fluffy.
Serving Size: makes 12 - 1 Cup Servings
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNIFER3310.