- Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 143.4
- Total Fat: 2.5 g
- Cholesterol: 5.5 mg
- Sodium: 267.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
Clean Eating Blueberry Protein MuffinsSubmitted by: SAMANTHASTUTZ
IntroductionRecipe adapted from He and She Eat Clean blog Recipe adapted from He and She Eat Clean blog
1 1/2 c Quick Cooking Oats (we use the Bob's Red Mill variety, also available gluten-free)
1 scoop of protein powder (we use Jay Robb's Unflavored Egg White protein powder; however, you could use a vanilla flavored powder and omit the vanilla extract below)
1/2 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour (pastry flour is milled finer than regular flour, although regular flour may be used as well)
less than 1/2 c Xylitol (if you are uncomfortable using Xylitol, you can substitute Sucanet or Demerara sugar - just keep in mind that it changes the nutritional information for the muffin)
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 c Unsweetened Almond Milk
1/2 c Unsweetened Applesauce
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
3 egg whites
1 tbsp coconut oil, heated and liquified
1 c frozen Blueberries
Should make 12 muffins, I only got 11.
2. Combine dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Creating a well in the bottom of the bowl, begin adding and mixing in wet ingredients until fully combined.
4. Fold in blueberries to batter.
5. Fill 12-cup muffin tin with batter, equally filling each compartment.
6. Bake 22-24 minutes until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes prior to removing from tins
Serving Size: 12
Number of Servings: 11
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SAMANTHASTUTZ.