- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 211.8
- Total Fat: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 177.8 mg
- Sodium: 611.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 25.4 g
Low-Carb Crustless Rosemary and Dill QuicheSubmitted by: NATURALATHLETE
IntroductionA fantastic low-cal high protein breakfast option with only 1.6g of sugar (and 5.1g carbs in total) in one serving A fantastic low-cal high protein breakfast option with only 1.6g of sugar (and 5.1g carbs in total) in one serving
*4 whole jumbo eggs
*10 jumbo egg whites (recipe says "12 large egg whites" because Jumbo wasn't an option but I wanted nutrition facts to be accurate)
*1/3 - 1/2 cup 2% Plain Greek Fage (0% ok, too)
*6 - 8 cups raw spinach
*1 tbsp olive oil
*1 whole bunch of green onions (1 cup diced)
*4 cloves garlic
*1 cup extra lean (4% fat) ground beef, cooked and thoroughly drained
*1/2 cup lite shredded cheese (optional)
This particular recipe is not vegetarian but easily can be. Substitute in mushrooms, bell peppers, or any veggie so long as you cook it a little first and drain as much fluid from it as possible. Fluid will make the quiche runny.
2) Measure out fresh spinach onto a flat plate and microwave for 3 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and somewhat dried out. Drain any liquids remaining. Separate chunks of cooked spinach and place evenly at the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
2) Dice green onions and scallions, mince garlic, and saute in pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Add some salt and pepper. Evenly distribute into glass baking dish on top of spinach pieces.
3) Cook ground beef in same pan as green onion mixture. Drain all remaining fluids. Sprinkle cooked meat evenly into baking dish on top of spinach and green onion mixture.
4) Whisk together the 4 whole eggs and the 10 egg whites. Measure out 1/3 - 1/2 cup fage and whisk very well into egg mixture. There will be chunks of yougurt showing. That's ok.
5) Measure in about 1/2 of your shredded cheese into the egg mixture and whisk together.
6) Evenly distribute 1/2 the dill and rosemary over the veggies and meat in the baking dish. Add remaining salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture evenly over everything, and sprinkle remaining dill and rosemary on top.
7) Bake for approx. 40 minutes, or until cooked all the way through. Remove, sprinkle remaining 1/2 of shredded cheese over the dish, and bake an additional 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and nearly crispy.
Cut into 6 pieces. Done!
Serving Size: Makes six large servings