Fruit and nut barsSubmitted by: ERW001
⅓ cup flour
⅛ teaspoon baking soda
⅛ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
3 cups dried fruit (use a mix — I used apricots, dates, and cherries)
1 ½ cups dry roasted nuts (again, mix it up! My choice was pecans and almonds)
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2. Coarsely chop fruit and nuts until most pieces are relatively uniform in size. Set aside.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder together in a large bowl until evenly combined. Add sugar, fruit, and nuts, and mix to coat all fruit and nuts with the flour mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg with vanilla until frothy and thick, about 2 minutes.
5. Stir egg into flour mixture until evenly mixed.
6. Spread mixture into prepared pan, using a spatula to smooth out the top.
7. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Serving Size: 12 servings
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ERW001.