Kitchen Sink ChiliSubmitted by: BLAKELIN
IntroductionTastes like Tim Horton's Chili! Tastes like Tim Horton's Chili!
one can of kidney beans
one can of black beans
one can of crushed tomatoes
Ĺ red pepper
Ĺ yellow pepper
Ĺ orange pepper
Ĺ green pepper
1-2 cups of mushrooms
Ĺ white onion diced
3 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons brown sugar
⅓ cup of ketchup
1.5 lb ground beef or turkey
2. Dice up all your veggies.
3. Combine the can of crushed tomatoes, and the two cans of rinsed beans into the crock pot, mix in the brown sugar, chili powder and ketchup.
4. Then add those fabulous veggies on top.
5. Fry up 1Ĺ lbs or so of ground beef/turkey. You cannot tell the difference between the two, and I prefer the turkey.
6. If you want a vegetarian version, add another can of black beans instead. Or, be bold and try some other kind of beans.
8. Add in the mushrooms and garlic if you havenít already. Time to let it simmer, I donít add water to the chili because the vegetables and mushrooms release out SO much liquid that you donít need it. If you feel by the end that you do need water, go ahead and add some.
9. Now when things are nice and soft, take about 1 Ė 1Ĺ cups of the chili, and puree it. This gives it a thicker, tastier base to it, more like the Timís chili. Add it back in, and continue to cook it for another 30 minutes or so.
10. Serve with shredded cheese on top and enjoy!
Serving Size: 8 servings
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLAKELIN.