- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 168.6
- Total Fat: 10.0 g
- Cholesterol: 75.9 mg
- Sodium: 403.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 12.2 g
Low Country Shrimp & GritsSubmitted by: CHUCKLES0719
2 cups water
1-˝ cups chicken broth
˝ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon Pink Himalayan salt
˝ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
˝ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2/3 cup Provel cheese
2/3 cup smoked sharp cheese, shredded
1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
6-slices bacon, chopped
1-cup shiitake mushrooms
4 teaspoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 cup thinly sliced scallions
1 large clove of garlic, minced
2. Fry the bacon in a large skillet until brown. Drain well, reserving the bacon grease.
3. In the bacon grease, sauté the mushrooms for 3 minutes.
4. Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook until the shrimp turns pink.
5. Add the lemon juice, chopped bacon, parsley, scallions and garlic, sauté for 3 more minutes.
6. If desired, serve the grits on top of a cut biscuit in a serving bowl. Add the shrimp. Garnish with parsley.
Serving Size: Makes 16 servings
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHUCKLES0719.