Pinto Bean SoupSubmitted by: BLUEBONNETT
IntroductionThis beats canned bean soup any day of the week. This beats canned bean soup any day of the week.
1lb dried pinto beans
1 1/2 cup diced onion
1 cup diced green bell pepper
2 cup thinly sliced celery
1 can diced tomatoes(10 oz)
3 large fresh carrots, diced
1 1/2 cup port cracklings(crushed)
2 tsp ground black pepper
2 dried bay leaves
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 packet beef boullion
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp garlic chili paste(or to taste)
2 tbsp unsalted all-purpose seasoning
Can be served with rice, or cornbread. Can serve chopped raw onions on top.
2. Place in 5 qt pot with 6 cups water.
3. Bring to a boil. Boil for five minutes. Remove from heat and cover.
4. Prepare vegetables.
5. Have a seat and drink a glass of water.
6. Add all ingredients to beans in pot.
7. Add water or broth to cover ingredients.
8. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer until beansand veggies are tender
9. For thicker texture, mash some of the beans and veggies on the side of the pot.
Serving Size: Makes 10 one cup servings
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUEBONNETT.