- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 332.6
- Total Fat: 11.0 g
- Cholesterol: 189.6 mg
- Sodium: 196.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 53.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 10.4 g
Bread Pudding French ToastSubmitted by: TOOKEP
IntroductionA new twist on an old fashioned dessert. It is a recipe of approximations. The amount of liquid you use depends on how well the dried bread soaks up your liquid. SO you might want to start with smaller amounts of liquid then add more as needed. A new twist on an old fashioned dessert. It is a recipe of approximations. The amount of liquid you use depends on how well the dried bread soaks up your liquid. SO you might want to start with smaller amounts of liquid then add more as needed.
1 large loaf of French Bread (or 2 small)
4 C MIlk
Honey (2 full squirts from the Honey Bear container)
1/4 C Domino Light with Stevia
Olivio with Canola
1. The amounts are approximations . . . this is a recipe of approximations. Don't let the nutritional info scare you. I wrote the recipe with the largest amounts I think you will need.
2. You may be able to find a 5# loaf pan in the "foil cooking pans" section of a grocery. If you can not find one, use two regular bread pans, or half the recipe.
2. Leave "bread" in pan for the first slice . . just in case the bread and custard have not totally combined . . . which is fine, the frying of the "french toast" will take care of that.
1. Tear up bread and let dry
2. Place dried bread in a 5# Loaf pan.
3. Mix eggs, milk and honey in a mixing bowl. Taste the mixture, if it sn't sweet enough for you, add your sugar a little at a time until you are happy.)
4. Pour over dried bread and let the mixture soak into the bread until the bread is totally soft.
You may need to make more of the egg/milk/sugar or honey mixture if the bread is not "mushy." Use 1 egg to 2 C milk and taste test for amount of sugar.
5. When all the liquid is absorbed and the bread is "all mushy" bake at 350 degrees for 40 - 60 minutes,
6. Remove from oven and let cool until time for breakfast.
1. Slice bread pudding.
2. Place 1T of Olive Oil and 1 tsp Olivio in a skillet, heat until ready and then place sliced bread in to fry.
3. Repeat for each slice.
Serving Size: 8 slices
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TOOKEP.