- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 351.2
- Total Fat: 14.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 493.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 23.5 g
Lamb and Chickpea Tagine (350 cals/5.6g sat fat/23g Protein)Submitted by: CEECEES1
IntroductionI was snowed in so I made this using some store cupboard ingredients to make a nice hearty meal. I only had high fat lamb so would recommend using a lower fat cut! I was snowed in so I made this using some store cupboard ingredients to make a nice hearty meal. I only had high fat lamb so would recommend using a lower fat cut!
2 Tsp Olive Oil
350g Lamb (chopped)
1 Medium Onion (chopped)
2 Cloves of Garlic (finely chopped)
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1 tsp of each (Cinnamon, Mild Paprika & Turmeric)
0.5 tsp Ground Ginger
400g Canned chopped tomatoes
Pinch of Salt
400g Canned chickpeas
2 tsp Sweetner (splenda or other)
Chopped fruits (e.g. prunes, apricots, raisins)
Some flaked Almonds
Fresh coriander leaves to serve
I'm on the South beach diet, but If I wasn't I'd add some fruit (raisins, prunes or apricots, etc.)
2. Add the chopped onion, garlic and all of the spices whilst coating the lamb with them.
3. Add in chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt.
4. Cover and bring to the boil.
5. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours
6. Add in the chickpeas and sweeter. Simmer for a further 20 minutes without a cover, until the liquid is reduced or the lamb is at desired tenderness.
Serving Size: Makes 4 medium servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CEECEES1.