- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 165.6
- Total Fat: 1.9 g
- Cholesterol: 23.8 mg
- Sodium: 203.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 5.9 g
Spicy Sweet Potato & Black Bean BurgersSubmitted by: POPSECRET
4 cups cubed sweet potatoes, steamed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
(up to)1 cup chicken broth
1 cup quinoa, cooked
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
2. Combine potatoes and beans in a bowl. Mash with potato masher until desired texture. Add up to 1 cup chicken broth to help get a smoother consistency.
3. Add in quinoa and mix well.
4. Season to taste and mix well.
5. Add egg and breadcrumbs. Mix well.
6. Form into 8 patties and arrange on greased cookie sheet. Bake 20 minutes. Flip. Bake 10-20 minutes more.
Serving Size: makes 8 burgers
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user POPSECRET.