- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 223.1
- Total Fat: 7.0 g
- Cholesterol: 42.8 mg
- Sodium: 335.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 16.6 g
Turkey Veggie Quinoa MeatloafSubmitted by: PR33MI3MOM
IntroductionVery flavorful and filling! Very flavorful and filling!
1 lb ground turkey
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1 package mushrooms, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1 can chicken broth
1 cup uncooked quinoa
3-4 servings egg whites
1 tsp low or no-sodium taco seasoning
.5 tsp Sweet Mesquite seasoning
1 Tblsp olive oil
3 tsp soy sauce
1/4 c brown sugar
*I threw all my veggies in a food processor (individually) to chop them all up. WAY easier.
*For a meatloaf that "stands" better, add a little more egg white.(I used an egg white substitute)
*Try making a no-sodium taco seasoning. It will be more flavorful. I use a homemade no-sodium blend that has no sodium substitutes. This cuts the sodium down Drastically.
*Finely chopped veggies will provide a more "meat-like" texture to the loaf.
*Mushrooms give the loaf the same texture that fat would offer in a red meat. It also adds bulk.
*Vegetable broth instead of chicken broth tastes just as amazing.
2) Preheat Oven to 350
3) Heat oil in a skillet or frying pan over medium high heat. Add mushroom, onion and peppers. Cook till onions and peppers are softened and drain any liquid off. Return pan to heat.
4) Add ground turkey and carrots. Cook until turkey is crumbly. Drain off any liquid and remove from heat.
5) Add meat mixture to the quinoa. Stir in the taco seasoning, mesquite seasoning. mince or press the garlic and add it in. Stir in the egg whites.
6) Pack lightly into a large loaf pan.
7) In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar and soy sauce. spread over loaf.
8) Bake for 30 minutes. Remove and let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Serving Size: Fills 1 large loaf pan to the brim