- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 346.4
- Total Fat: 10.2 g
- Cholesterol: 52.0 mg
- Sodium: 365.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.3 g
- Protein: 31.3 g
Jamie's 15 minute (takes me 25) Rosemary ChickenSubmitted by: WAHZOE
IntroductionAdapted from the Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals book. I have halved the amount of chilli, adjusted the chicken according to the pack size we buy and swapped the asparagus in the original for green beans.
Also swapped the pancetta in the original recipe for streaky bacon to bring the cost down. Adapted from the Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals book. I have halved the amount of chilli, adjusted the chicken according to the pack size we buy and swapped the asparagus in the original for green beans.
Also swapped the pancetta in the original recipe for streaky bacon to bring the cost down.
For the Sauce:
1 big pinch dried mushrooms (preferably porcini)
400g ripe vine tomatoes
1 heaped tbsp tomato puree (paste)
1/4 fresh red chilli
1 bunch fresh basil
2 cloves garlic
For the Chicken and Polenta:
500g pack ready made polenta
200g green beans, stalks removed
300g skinless chicken breasts
Fresh rosemary, a few sprigs
1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
4 rashers streaky bacon
150g oyster (or mixed) mushrooms
200g baby spinach
* kettle boiled, * blender ready, * medium lidded pan on heat, * griddle pan on heat, * frying pan on heat
1. Put the dried mushrooms in the blender with 150ml boiling water, the tomatoes, tomato puree, chilli, basil and crushed garlic and whizz until smooth.
2. Pour the tomato sauce into a medium pan and boil for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cut the polenta into 8 slices, rub with salt, pepper and 1 tsp oil and place on the griddle pan, slipping them over when charred and placing trimmed green beans on top of the polenta to steam.
4. On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the chicken with salt, pepper, rosemary leaves, fennel seeds and finely grated parmesan. Fold the paper over the top, then bash and flatten the chicken to about 1.5cm thick with a tolling pin.
5. Put the chicken into the frying pan with 1tbsp oil, turning after 3 or 4 minutes, until golden and cooked through. Toss the bacon and mushrooms into the pan when you turn the chicken.
6. Season the sauce to taste and pour onto a nice serving platter and top with the polenta slices and green beans.
7. Transfer the chicken, bacon and mushrooms to the board while you quickly wilt the spinach in the frying pan.
8. Season the spinach to taste and add to the platter. Slice the chicken and arrange on top of the spinach with the bacon and mushrooms then drizzle everything with balsamic vinegar.
Serving Size: Makes 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WAHZOE.