Stew - Very Veggie BeefSubmitted by: JENNYR0506
2 lbs. Stew Beef (trimmed of visible fat and cut into cubes)
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cups Chicken Stock
1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
3 to 4 large carrots (cut into bite sized pieces)
1 medium sweet onion (diced small)
2 large potatoes (cut into bite sized pieces)
Low, slow cooking results in very tender stew beef and lots of great veggies.
2. Add all beef to pot and add tomatoes and enough stock to just cover. Heat to boiling, reduce heat to simmer. Simmer over low heat for about 2 hours until beef starts to get tender.
3. Add carrots and onion with enough extra stock to cover all. Add spices to taste. Heat to boiling, reduce to simmer for an hour.
4. Add potatoes and remaining stock. Heat to boiling then reduce heat to simmer for about one hour or until potatoes are tender.
5. Add defrosted spinach and heat through.
6. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Serving Size: makes 12 to 13 - one cup servings