Carrot Cake CookieSubmitted by: DIER1978
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup raw or date sugar
2 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cloves (ground)
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried cranberries or cherries
1/4 cup chopped dates
1 cup raw carrots, grated
1 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350, lightly grease two cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and honey or agave nectar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, baking powder and soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and rolled oats. In stages, mix flour into the butter mixture until both are well incorporated.
4. Add raisins, dried cranberries, dates, carrots and walnuts and stir until all combined.
5. Use tablespoon to drop dough onto lightly greased cookie sheet (use olive oil instead of butter) and flatten slightly with fork or spoon.
6. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Cool and store in airtight container so cookies stay soft not crisp.
Serving Size: one cookie
Number of Servings: 70
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DIER1978.