Chickpea/cauliflower pattiesSubmitted by: CHADLY94127
Introductionyummy chickpeas and cauliflower yummy chickpeas and cauliflower
1 med – large head cauliflower roughly cut into small pieces (or you can ‘rice’ it)
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 med yellow or red onion, finely chopped
4 clove garlic, crushed
1 cup FAGE 0% Greek Yogurt
14 oz can of chickpeas, drained
Salt, ground black pepper, Hungarian Paprika, etc
¾-1 cup egg substitute (or other binder – ex. flaxseed meal and water mixture)
(optional) Bunch of fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
You can substitute any other canned bean for the chickpeas.
2. Boil water with a pinch of salt. Place cauliflower and cook until just soft.
3. In non-stick fry pan, place 1 tbsp of coconut oil, add chopped onion and garlic. Fry until translucent.
4. Drain and pat dry chickpeas. Add to onions. Over med heat, cook until chickpeas begin to brown. Using potato masher, begin to mash at least ½ of the chickpeas (depends on what sort of texture you will want).
5. Mix chickpeas and onion/garlic mix well while cooking.
6. Drain the cauliflower. In a large mixing bowl, add the chickpea, onion and garlic mix. If you have chopped the cauliflower, then you will need to mash roughly until almost smooth. If you have ‘riced’ it, then you will need to only combine well and mash slightly.
7. Add the remaining ingredients, and mix well.
8. Using 4 inch egg rings, form into patties.
9. Return to the frying pan, add remaining oil and cook gently (low to med heat) until crisp and golden on outside and warmed through. Flip halfway through cooking so both sides brown.
Serving Size: 8 - 4 inch patties
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CHADLY94127.