- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 559.8
- Total Fat: 24.6 g
- Cholesterol: 41.1 mg
- Sodium: 906.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 24.3 g
Orzo with Cherry Tomatoes and ArtichokesSubmitted by: LOSINGITBECKY
IntroductionPlease feel free to edit this recipe for low fat , low cal options:)and please send it to LOSINGITBECKY Please feel free to edit this recipe for low fat , low cal options:)and please send it to LOSINGITBECKY
5 oz. Orzo (Barilla)
1 large onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
4 T EVOO, plus drizzling for the top
1 9 oz package, frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
3 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
2 qt chicken or vegetable stock
salt and black pepper to taste
1/2 cup bacon, cut julienne style
1/2 Pecorino Romano cheese
6 basil leaves, Chiffonade
2. Add artichokes, saute for three minutes.
3. Stir in tomatoes, stock and bring to boil.
4. Stir in pasta;cook 7 minutes;season with salt and pepper.
5. Let rest 20 minutes.
6. Meanwhile saute the bacon until crispy, drain the extra fat.
7. Serve soup with cheese, basil, drizzled EVOO and crispy bacon over the top.
Serving Size: makes 5 servings
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LOSINGITBECKY.