Spinach Vegetable SoupSubmitted by: TLB1630
IntroductionWho doesn't like soup on a nice cold day... Who doesn't like soup on a nice cold day...
20 oz Fresh Spinach, fresh
8 cups Water
8 tsp Broth Base, Chicken flavor - low sodium (Orrington Farms)
1 lb Sweet potatoes (peeled, microwave & cube)
1 medium Onion, chopped
3 oz Baby Carrots, chopped
1 medium Green Bell Pepper, chopped
½ medium Red Bell Pepper, chopped
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 cup cold water
3 tbsp corn starch
Yields approx 15 - 8 oz servings
Could add practically any combination of vegetables to this.
2. Peel sweet potatoes and cook in microwave - approximately 7 minutes, until soft, then cube.
3. Chop onion, carrots, and bell peppers together in food processor
4. Add 1 tbsp olive oil to fry pan, heat and add chopped vegetables. Cook until all are tender.
5. Add cubed sweet potatoes and cooked chopped vegetables to spinach in large stock pot and stir.
6. Working in batches, purée stock pot mixture in blender, then return to pot and med-low heat..
7. Whisk in ground pepper (along with additional seasonings of choice).
8. Dissolve corn starch with 1/4 c water add to stock pot, stirring until desired thickness. May want thicker consistency add more corn starch.