Corn ChowderSubmitted by: BAMILNE52
4 cups corn, fresh or frozen
1/2 lb. bacon, diced
1 medium onion, diced
3 stalks celery
1 red pepper, seeded and diced
2 large white potatoes diced large
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup potato flakes, instant mashed
2 bay leaves
1 sprig thyme
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced
sea salt & pepper to taste
I chose to add 1 cup half and half cream.
2. Add the vegetables except for the corn and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the potato flakes.
4. Place the lid on the cooker. Lock lid and close the rapid release button.
5. Press cancel button to turn off brown mode. Set the cook mode (automatic 15 minutes) and adjust the pressure to 50.
6. After 15 minutes, the timer will reach 0 and the cooker will automatically switch to the warm mode. Place the pressure valve from closed position to rapid release. When the steam is completely released, remove the lid.
7. Sir in the corn and the potato flakes. Stir and mix well then press the cancel button. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BAMILNE52.