- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 582.4
- Total Fat: 18.2 g
- Cholesterol: 4.5 mg
- Sodium: 321.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 12.4 g
- Protein: 37.8 g
Jamie's 15 minute Spicy Cajun Chicken with smashed sweet potatoes and fresh corn saladSubmitted by: WAHZOE
Introductionthese recipes always take me longer than 15 minutes, but they are still QUICK. I have adapted this recipe slightly from the Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals book to match the pack sizes I am able to buy. I also drop the amount of chilli by half. (And even then the recipes are still spicy) these recipes always take me longer than 15 minutes, but they are still QUICK. I have adapted this recipe slightly from the Jamie Oliver 15 minute meals book to match the pack sizes I am able to buy. I also drop the amount of chilli by half. (And even then the recipes are still spicy)
4 corn on the cob
1 small bunch of fresh coriander
1/2 fresh red chilli
4 spring onions
3 ripe tomatoes
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
800g sweet potatoes
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
4 x 120g skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 tbsp polenta
2 rashers of smoked streaky bacon
20g feta cheese
* Kettle boiled, * Griddle pan, high heat, * Food processor (fine slicer), * Large Iidded pan, high heat, * Large frying pan, medium-high heat
1. Put the corn on the griddle pan, turning when charred
2. Wash the sweet potatoes, remove any gnarly bits of skin with a speed-peeler, then finely slice
in the processor. Put the sweet potatoes into the large pan, then just cover with boiling salted water and the lid.
3. On a large sheet of greaseproof paper, toss the chicken with salt, the Cajun seasoning and polenta. Fold over the paper, then bash and flatten the chicken to 1.5cm thick with a rolling pin. Put the chicken into the frying pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, turning
after 3 or 4 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
4. Drain the cooked sweet potatoes well, return to the pan and mash with the sweet chilli sauce, pop the lid on and leave on a very low heat.
5. Slice the bacon and add to the frying pan. As soon as the bacon starts to crisp up, add the okra to the pan.
6. Carefully hold the charred corn steady and run a knife down the sides to cut off the kernels, then put them into a bowl.
7. Roughly chop the top leafy half of the coriander and add to the corn. Finely slice the chilli and trimmed
spring onions, chop the tomatoes, and add to the bowl with a pinch of salt, the lime juice and extra virgin olive oil, then mix well.
8. Serve the sweet potato smash on a board or platter with the chicken and okra, crumble over the feta, and serve with the fresh salsa on the side
Serving Size: Makes 4 portions
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WAHZOE.