Apple CrispySubmitted by: DRDUBOIS65
IntroductionMore Fruit! Less fat! More Fruit! Less fat!
Canola oil cooking spray
4 Granny Smith Apples, cored and cut into thin slices or bite size pieces.
3 Tbsp apple juice
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground nutmet
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp cold butter, cut into small pieces
2. Coat 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Combine apples, raisins and apple juice in bowl, toss well and set aside.
4. In another bowl, combine flour, rolled oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
5. With pastry blender or knife and fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
6. Transfer apple mixture to baking dish. Sprikle flour misture evenly over surface.
7. Lightly coat top with cooking spray.
8. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 20 minutes more or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and let stand on wire rack at least 20 minutes.
Serving Size: 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DRDUBOIS65.