Vegan TortiereSubmitted by: BROWNTA
1 package of tempeh (12oz)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 ribs of celery, diced
2 onions, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups cubed peeled sweet potatoes
2 top liquid soy seasoning
4 tbs dried savory
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 whole cloves
2 bay leaves
3 cups vegetable broth
1 prepared pie crust
2. In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat; cook celery, onions and garlic, stirring every so often for about 10 minutes.
3. Stir in potatoes, liquid soy seasoning, savory, salt, pepper, cloves and bay leaves. Grate in tempeh. Cook, for about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the vegetable broth and 1 cup of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Smash most of the potatoes with the back of a spoon. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened slightly, 10 to 20 minutes. Let cool.
6. Roll out your pastry. Fit bottom crust into 9-inch pie plate. Spoon in filling. Roll out your top crust and place over filling. Brush the top with water, pierce pastry with fork or cut steam vents.
7. Bake at 400 degrees for about an hour.
Serving Size: makes 6 servings.