Tex-Mex Sloppy JoesSubmitted by: FUSIONFITNESS3
IntroductionLower the fat content in this popular sandwich by using ground chicken or turkey breast instead of the typical ground beef. Chile peppers and chili powder add a little heat.
Lower the fat content in this popular sandwich by using ground chicken or turkey breast instead of the typical ground beef. Chile peppers and chili powder add a little heat.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
• cal.(kcal): 280
• 2 teaspoons cooking oil
• 2 medium onions, chopped
• 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
• 2 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, seeded (if desired) and finely chopped*
• 1 pound uncooked ground chicken breast or turkey breast
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
• 3/4 cup ketchup
• 4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 6 whole grain sandwich-style rolls(not calculated in the nutrition as roll you choose may vary to add it into nutrition tracker
• Dill pickle slices (optional)
2. Divide mixture among rolls. If desired, top with pickle slices. Makes 6 (1 roll and 1/2 cup filling) sandwiches.
• * Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup filling
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FUSIONFITNESS3.