- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 136.2
- Total Fat: 6.4 g
- Cholesterol: 54.6 mg
- Sodium: 128.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 12.9 g
BunnyBomb's Lowcarb PancakesSubmitted by: BUNNYBOMB
IntroductionIf you're on a low carb diet and think you have to go without your pancakes...you'd be wrong! I've been making this recipe after I tinkered with and old one I had. With the addition of the Cinnamon and Nutmeg, it makes these such a delicious snack. Trust me when I say, it's a keeper! If you're on a low carb diet and think you have to go without your pancakes...you'd be wrong! I've been making this recipe after I tinkered with and old one I had. With the addition of the Cinnamon and Nutmeg, it makes these such a delicious snack. Trust me when I say, it's a keeper!
2 Medium Eggs, whisked
1.75 cup Blanched Almond Flour
2 tbsp Granulated Splenda
Pinch of Prewett's No Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 cup Water (give or take)
1 Tbsp Flora Cuisine Oil (for frying)
1. I recommend using Dowd & Rogers blanched Almond Flour, as it gives a good result, is finer, and lower in carbs than other brands.
2. I also recommend serving with a sugar free maple syrup. There are SO many these days, and inexpensive, so it's silly not to have some in your cupboard.
2. Pour almond flour, splenda, salt substitute, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a medium sized mixing bowl.
2. Add vanilla extract, and whisked eggs to the bowl.
3. Mix with a wooden spoon to combine.
4. Add water, and continue to stir. Add 1/4 cup more water at a time, if the batter is too thick. You want the batter to be quite thick, so it doesn't spread out too far in the pan, but not so stiff that it doesn't drop off a spoon slowly. Keep adjusting slowly with water until it's right.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of Flora Cuisine Oil in a good non stick fry pan.
6. Scoop some batter into the frying pan (I use a small ladle) to give 4 inch rounds. Remember to leave enough space in between pancakes to flip them.
7. Cook 1-2 mins on the first side, then flip and cook another 1-2 mins. Flip back and forth to check them, you don't want them burning! Add more Flora as necessary.
8. Serve hot with your favourite sugar free syrup, or simply eat plain.
Makes 12 thin pancakes, or 6 thick ones. Serving size is : 2 thin pancakes or one thick one.