Minestrone SoupSubmitted by: ANTHEE62
Cut beef into chunks and pre-cook in a pressure cooker. I then add this in with the (2) ingredients
(1) Olive Oil & Pam spray
(1) 2 cups of onions - diced
(1) 2 cups of carrots - diced
(1) 2 cups celery - diced
(1) 3 large potatoes - peeled & diced
(1) 4 cups of green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
(2) Pre-cooked beef chunks
(2) 8 cups of water
(2) 1 small head of cabbage shredded
(2) 7 cups of crushed tomatos
(2) 16oz spinach coarsley shredded
(2) 3 cups diced zucchini
(2) 8 beef bouillon cubes
(3) 32 oz of your favorite beans
You can adjust the amount of water used to make it more or less soupy.
My daughter and I prefer it without the beef. But the men like it this way.
Sprinkle a little grated cheese of choice to each serving and serve with a nice crusty bread.
Next add all ingredients numbered (2), cook over a high heat, bring to a boil, then lower and cover, let simmer for 40 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
Finally add in the beans (3) and cook an additional 15 minutes. This will help thicken the soup.
Serving Size: makes about 20 1.5 cup servings
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANTHEE62.