Loaded Baked ZitiSubmitted by: SAMI-JOJO
IntroductionThis recipe is loaded with veggies high in fiber and makes enough you can freeze half of it for dinner another night! This recipe is loaded with veggies high in fiber and makes enough you can freeze half of it for dinner another night!
2 squash shredded
3 bell peppers diced
1 onion chopped
1/2 lb mushrooms sliced
1 Tbsp chicken broth/wine/water
1 lb extra lean (93/7) ground turkey
1 lb extra lean (93/7) ground beef
12 oz Glycemic Health Pasta
2 jars spaghetti sauce
1 can diced tomatoes with basil & garlic
3 cups shredded part skim mozzarella
2. Combine beef and turkey, season to taste, and brown. Strain when done and add to vegetable mixture.
3. While browning meat cook pasta according to directions. When done strain and add to meat and vegetable mixture.
4. Add jars of sauce and cans of tomatoes to mixture and stir to combine well.
5. Spoon into baking dish (I use 2 9x13 pans) enough to cover the bottom, top with cheese and cover with remaining mixture.
6. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Serving Size: Makes about 20 8oz servings
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SAMI-JOJO.