Quinoa with vegetablesSubmitted by: PERACH
IntroductionMostly vegetables but I still can't eat a full cup. My children and husband love this and always go back for seconds. Great with a salad of mixed greens. Mostly vegetables but I still can't eat a full cup. My children and husband love this and always go back for seconds. Great with a salad of mixed greens.
1 cup quinoa (red or white)
1/2 cup yucca
1/2 cup batata (red skin, white meat)
1/2 cup squash
1/2 cup spinich (can be doubled if desired)
1 cup buk choy (chinese cabbage)
1 cup snow peas sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1/2 medium onion chopped
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp extra virgen olive oil
For a first time cooker of quinoa, it is finished when it is completely tranparant. Any of the vegetables can be substituted for personal preferance but those that I have listed can also be found in any spanish section.
SparkPeople Sponsored Video
2. Put the olive oil in the cooking pot, add onion and garlic. Lightly fry until the onion is transullent. Do not let garlic burn. I chop the onion into big pieces but, as you like it.
3. Put the spinich and bok choy on the side and add all the other chopped vegetables. Lower the heat and let steam together for 5 minutes.
4. Add the quinoa and water to cover by about an inch.
5. Add the curry powder and salt.
6. When the quinoa is cooked, add the spinich and boy choy (stirring in) and let cook for another 2 minutes.
Serving Size: 4 1-cup servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PERACH.