- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 73.3
- Total Fat: 0.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 73.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 17.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
Pumpkin with Dark Chocolate MuffinsSubmitted by: TLB1630
1 c Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie spice
½ tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Baking Powder
½ c Brown Sugar, packed
½ c Non-fat Yogurt
1 15oz can Pure pumpkin
½ c Egg Substitute
2.5 oz low fat granola cereal - smashed a bit
I used Nutty Nuggets Cereal in place of granola, which has smaller crumb consistency than granola so less is used. If you use granola only sprinkle 1/2 tsp instead. You could put granola in blender to crush a bit more and use less too. You could add nuts into batter as well but will increase nutrition value as well.
2. Combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder in small bowl
3. Beat sugar and yogurt in medium bowl until blended
4. Add pumpkin and eggs to liquid mixture and beat well
5. Gradually stir in flour mixture.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
7. Add 5 chips per cup and mix individually
8. Sprinkle each with about 1 tsp of smashed granola. Press granola lightly into batter
9. Bake for 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean.
10. Cool in pans for 10 minutes, remove to wire racks to cool completely
11. Store muffins in covered container or re-sealable plastic bags.
Yields 24 muffins
Serving Size: makes 24 muffins / 1 muffin is 1 serving
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TLB1630.