Mexican Couscous w/ FetaSubmitted by: LANTANARUNNER
IntroductionA great lunch option! with only 228 calories and 9g of protein. This is a great recipe that you can change and mix up to fit your taste. A great lunch option! with only 228 calories and 9g of protein. This is a great recipe that you can change and mix up to fit your taste.
1 tsp Olive Oil
1/3 c onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 Tbsp Cumin seeds
1/3 c frozen corn
1/2c canned black beans, rinsed and drained
12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh ground black pepper
1 c Low-sodium Vegetable or Chicken Broth
3/4 c dry Couscous
1/4 c crumbled feta cheese
2 Tbsp cilantro
-You can use ground cumin instead of cumin seeds
2. Add cumin seeds until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add frozen corn, black beans and tomatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add in chicken or vegetable broth and bring mixture to a boil.
5. Once mixture is boiling, add in couscous. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit covered for 5 minutes.
6. After 5 minutes, uncover and fluff with fork. Mix in feta cheese and cilantro.
Serving Size: 4 servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LANTANARUNNER.