This is a SparkPeople.com Recipe (what's this)
IntroductionA new dish for lunch or dinner. A new dish for lunch or dinner.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- dash salt
- dash freshly ground pepper
- 4 medium skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 2 whole wheat pita bread rounds, split and toasted
- 3/4 cup tomato, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2. Place chicken in broiler pan and brush each side with the olive oil mixture. Broil chicken about 4 inches from heat for about 10 minutes or until meat is tender and no longer pink, turning once. Cool chicken slightly then coarsely chop.
3. Make the hummus: Combine all hummus ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
4. To serve, spread hummus over toasted pita halves and top with chicken, tomato, cucumber, red onions and feta cheese.
Makes 4 servings.
Reprinted with permission by Public Health – Seattle & King County