- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 379.2
- Total Fat: 11.8 g
- Cholesterol: 125.6 mg
- Sodium: 997.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.6 g
- Protein: 27.7 g
Shrimp Andouille Gumbo w. GreensSubmitted by: HOODIE2424
IntroductionTrying gumbo for the first time; going to add greens and sub chicken for shrimp! Trying gumbo for the first time; going to add greens and sub chicken for shrimp!
Andouille sausage, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices (5 links or 1 lb.)
1 -3 tablespoon olive oil
5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 medium bell pepper, chopped
3 cups ham broth (boil water in covered pot with smoked ham hock)
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
1 -2 teaspoon creole seasoning
8 oz shrimp, peeled/deveined/tail off
4 cups cooked rice
1-2 lbs. of southern greens (mustard/collard)
2. Remove sausage with a slotted spoon.
3. Drain on paper towels.
4. Add enough oil to drippings in Dutch oven to equal 3 tablespoons, and whisk in flour; cook over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, 5 minutes.
5. Add onion, celery, garlic, peppers; cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
6. Stir in broth, tomatoes, and cajun seasoning.
7. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
8. Add sausage and shrimp; simmer, covered, 5 minutes.
9. Serve over rice.
Adapted from: http://www.food.com/recipe/quick-easy-chicken-sausage-gumbo-109348?oc=linkback
Serving Size: 6 servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HOODIE2424.